Donut.js is made possible in part by generous company sponsorship!
Email us if you’re interested in sponsoring!
Download this information as a PDF for sharing and perusal.
What is Donut.js?
Founded in April 2016, Donut.js is a monthly meetup and talk series focused on creating a fun, inclusive, and supportive tech community in Portland, Oregon.
The event is held from 6–9pm on the last Tuesday of every month at Alchemy Code Lab.
Sponsorship funds are used to cover food, venue, equipment, and service costs. 100% of funds available thereafter from sponsorship and ticket sales are donated to a local nonprofit doing social justice work. Past beneficiaries include p:ear, Basic Rights Oregon, Raphael House, JOIN, IRCO, and ChickTech PDX.
Sponsorship starts at $500 for one month, with discounts for sponsoring multiple months.
Other Sponsorship Options
You may sponsor Donut.js for a smaller amount to cover food or services for a single event:
What You Get
- Two tickets for your employees to attend.
- Two minutes to speak at the start of the event. One of your employees or developer relations person should speak—no recruiters! You may also prepare something for us to read. You may mention job opportunities during your intro talk, but please don’t recruit audience members during socialization time.
- A space at the event to give out trinkets and info.
- Your logo on our website.
- Your logo and thanks on our Twitter.
- Your logo and our thanks in four emails to attendees:
- 500+ past attendees one week before the event.
- 500+ past attendees one day before the event.
- 50+ ticket-holding attendees on the day of the event.
- 50+ attendees in a follow-up email the day after the event.
What Happens at Donut.js
- We feature three to four speakers each month. We aim to feature one technical talk, one creative talk, and one passion talk, though most talks usually aren’t so narrow.
- We’ve proudly hosted many first-time speakers and well-known personalities in tech.
- See our archive of talk videos for a taste!
The Donut.js Audience
- We have between 50 to 70 attendees each month.
- Our audience is gender-diverse; women and non-binary people are well-represented.
- Our audience cuts a broad swath across technological disciplines and experience levels. There are attendees with formal computer science training, attendees currently in code school, and those who are self-taught.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity
We created Donut.js to fill a gap in Portland’s tech meetup scene. To that end, we strive not only to make our event diverse and inclusive, but to give back to the communities that support us.
- We intentionally center underrepresented people in our speaker lineup.
- Donut.js has a strong Code of Conduct. We take it seriously and we enforce it.
- Name-tags and pronoun stickers are available at check-in.
- All host remarks and talks are live-captioned on a screen next to the speaker.
- 3.5′-wide physical access lanes are taped on the floor throughout the venue.
- Donuts are provided in both the omnivore and vegan-and-gluten-free varieties.
- Attendees unable to afford a ticket for any reason are admitted for free.
Local nonprofit Stumptown Syndicate is our fiscal sponsor and a registered 501(c)3. They handle our insurance and financial details. Stumptown Syndicate handles our financial and insurance matters.
Please email us if you’re interested in sponsoring!
Make a Donation
You may also make a direct tax-deductible donation to Donut.js.
Mail a check with Donut.js in the memo field to our fiscal sponsor, Stumptown Syndicate:
Donut.js c/o Stumptown Syndicate
PO Box 28398
Portland, OR 97228